Work as a Sr. Software QA Engineer in a software development environment to build, continuously enhance, and maintain bug free, reliable, and simple, quality Stretto products and internal application software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Work in partnership with the development and product teams to deliver business functionality on time with high quality and functionality that meets the defined acceptance criteria
- Develop and execute both automated and manual test solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable, and maintainable automated regression suites and report results against desktop/online applications that contain online banking, accounting, office automation, and document management components
- Use tools and frameworks to build automation/performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
- Clearly and concisely documents software defects using a bug tracking system to report failed tests
- Maintains a regression test suite (automated and manual) using test case management tools
- Analyzes the application and identifies areas as candidates for test automation
- Executes and analyzes automation test reports frequently to provide feedback as soon as possible
- Monitors bug resolution efforts and tracks successes
- Experience with Agile concepts and comfortable working in a maturing Agile/Scrum environment.
- Based on their subject matter expertise, provides estimates on the level of effort for user stories
- Plans test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Implements continuous improvement methods with the developers into the development cycle to reduce the number of known bugs
- Actively participates in, and contributes to all Scrum ceremonies to ensure a solid understanding of the solution and that it matches user business rules and processes
- Understand how to test and validate N-Tier applications. Specifically, the Client layer, Logic Layer, Database, and Filesystem Layer.
- Have a working knowledge of MS SQL Server DBMS or MYSQL DBMS to be able to do ‘gray box’ testing with data manipulation to ensure the appropriate features are tested and they do what they should do
- Assist with the development of customer or company information management QA and test standards
- Has substantial experience with SDLC, Agile, and Scrum with an emphasis on QA best practices
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements (examples below)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or experience
- 3 – 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in design and development of automated tests UI/API
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services, and Data layer tests)
- Ability to do gray and white box testing of applications that are not written in the same programming language. That is, have worked with a variety of different programming language applications (ex. Java, .Net)
- Experience in working with SOAP and REST services and understanding of SOA architecture
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise, and detailed documentation
- Understanding of Financial or Bankruptcy industry is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Azure DevOps is a plus
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- ISTQB certification is a plus
Skills, technologies, and tools
- Java/C# or other languages
- Selenium, Rest Assured (Appium is a plus)
- Any of HP JMeter/LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner/Blaze Meter/Gatling
- Experience with testing in cloud environments (ex. AWS) is a plus
- MySQL, MS SQL, SQL Server Management Studio/Heidi
- Docker is a plus
Wzięcie udziału w rekrutacji jest równoznaczne z wyrażeniem zgody na przetwarzanie danych osobowych w celu przeprowadzenia rekrutacji na stanowisko wskazane w ogłoszeniu. Wszelkie informacje dotyczące przetwarzania danych są dostępne pod linkiem.